Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The rich, the famous, and Adam all live in hotels.

I have posted a little about my current job. I have however neglected to mention the wonderful perks that go along with my concrete boogers and sore knees. Three nights a week I get to stay in a luxurious hotel...FOR FREE!!

I can tell you do not believe me.

Good thing I have PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF!

There is air conditioning.There is a helpful staff on hand 24 hours a day!!There is a spectacular continental breakfast...FREE. (yes those are waffle irons!!)
There is a window on the top floor where my cell phone works and I can call my sweetie. Just me and her...The occasional passing hotel guest... And the flies...Which apparently come here to die.
There is FREE ice which I can use to miraculously heal my knees and shoulders.
But most importantly, (Lisa should stop reading now to stave off waves of jealousy) there is the pool. It comes complete with hot tub, and 90 foot slide. The fat guy in the hot tub is only an occasional feature.
How could I, a humble hod-carrier rate such treatment? Apparently I must carry my imaginary hod very well....Or my boss just rules...It's a close call, but I think I know the answer.

6 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! I've been wondering what the place looks like! And yes, I am jealous of the pool and waterslide that I really really really want to try out!

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun, fun, and supermuch fun. :) Have a good rest, amigo.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

I'm glad that your hard job has perks AND that you are able to recognize them.

I'm sure you need the air conditioning and hot tub after a day of hauling the mud.

Oh, and the flies are nasty, but at least they are dead. And you are neither nasty nor dead, so that's GOOD!

Love you!

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once when I was still with Disney I took a trip to L.A. and they put me up for two nights in a swanky 25- or 30-story building down the block from Universal Studios. The room still smelled faintly of cigarettes and senior citizens. Some things are the same wherever you find them.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

You are so funny. I love the flies on the window thing.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Nantie Meg said...

Adam--COME PLAY WITH ME!!

AND BRING YOUR CUTE WIFE TOO PLEASE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home