Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Why me? Wednesday - speechless

I find myself in a spot of trouble on this, my second "why me? Wednesday."

I started this regular posting feature in the certainty that I would be able to find something each Wednesday to post about that warranted a rant.... On this day I find myself surrounded by a myriad of pleasant occurrences that don't allow me to find anything to whine about.

I spent this weekend doing the things I love doing most with the people I love the most.

I hunted rabbits with Mike.

I stayed with my sister and her husband in their awesome new house. Guys, I talked to my boss and he told me how to go about the little repair we want to do. Later in august I will come down to do it.

I took my final final of my bachelors degree. I am done. My sister and her husband lent me their hog so I could get there....



















K...So they did lend me the hog, but it made me look more like a circus bear than a hell's angel.

It was soo sweet! I got together with an old mission companion and taught him to use his new pistol. He is the greatest guy. He saved me. He taught me how to be a missionary. He taught me how to be happy when things are tough. He taught me to love to teach. It looks like it payed off in a strange way, because he walked into the range with terrible mechanics, barely able to hit a 2 foot target at 5 yards, and after two hours he left with the confident ability to put most of a 15 round magazine within the ten ring at twice that distance. I shared my sport and I helped an old friend be better able to defend his new family. A win.

I got to spend lots of time with me sweetie. I got to spend a lot of time with 3 of my sisters. I get to see the other one and her husband within the month.

I have a great job. I even got to branch out and got to lay most of the stone on a new pillar like the ones described here.


I can't, for the life of me, find anything I feel upset enough about to rant about. This brings up an interesting idea. Could it be, that because I decided to be angry on Wednesday, I found things to be happy about instead. Maybe I should plan to be mad every day... But I need something to whine about.......OOOH!!...

I am so mad that I can't find anything to be mad about!!!! GRRRRR!!!!

4 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

Hey, Adam. When are you going to see K? Are you and Lisa coming to the reunion? I want to see you!

Your sister's hog...Yes, that B is a motorcycle Mama.

Glad you're happy!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Papa said...

So who said "Why Me?" had to be negative. Sometimes I wonder what I ever did to deserve the wonderful life I have? Why Me?

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Oh, man. That picture cracks me UP.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is classic. A circus bear indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home