Wednesday, July 26, 2006

1 Year Later

Well. 11 months ago, I filled out my first application to the United States Border Patrol. Then I took a test covering Spanish and logical reasoning. I did well. I took and passed the physical and the physical fitness test. I received a tentative offer of employment. I hit a few snags with regards to some minor past injuries and my tentative offer was rescinded. I spent a few months and a bit of money convincing them that these past injuries were not a problem, and my tentative offer was re-extended. I then spent quite a few months waiting for the government to determine that I was suitable for the position and had not lied on any part of my application.

I just received my first confirmation that it is finished. I received my 60-day letter today. This letter tells me that my application process is finally finished and my previously received tentative offer of employment is no longer tentative. The duty stations on the southern border can now review my test grades and other qualifications and will bid on me if they want me. Within the next 60 days I will receive a call letting me know which stations have expressed an interest. I will choose and likely be in the academy in Artesia NM within a week or so after that.

The academy will be nearly 5 months long. I am so excited and nervous to get the call!

I appreciate all the help and encouragement that you all have given me and glad to have this blog so that I can share the news with you all really fast. Love you guys.

7 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Not Too Pensive said...

Wow, only 1 year? Must be some kind of record...

Congratulations on safely navigating the federal employment process! Good luck in the academy!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Nantie Meg said...

Adam!! That is so wonderful!! I am way excited. I'll keep praying for you!!

Let's face it, the call is going to come sooner than later, because hey, who wouldn't want you on their side?

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Yay. I'm so excited for you. Good luck and good posting to you! Can't wait to see you.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I foresee a bidding war. Honestly, how often do border patrol agencies hear from applicants with experience suppressing the activities of dangerous rebel factions operating inside the U.S.?

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited. You Shriganesh Karur. How could I find this out on your BLOG?! Man, that is so exciting.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

Congratulations, Baby. You are now officially on your way to a career in law enforcement. They are so lucky to have you and your skeelz!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

You don't know me. I'm a blog stalker of your family (Ok, really I'm a real life friend of Heather's and so have become connected to the family blogeology that way). But I really just want to say -

Your mom used the word "skeelz."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home