Thursday, August 31, 2006

For My Kids. Keep it!!

Contrary to what you may believe my children, I was once thought to be quite cool. What's more is I was once thought to be cool by children not unlike yourselves...Scary huh?

This week your mother and I were asked by a couple with five children to babysit. This was not your average babysitting gig. We were asked to stay overnight for three days and watch the children while staying in their home. We had a blast. We played and watched movies to our hearts content. On Saturday we took the kids to the broadwater athletic club and pool where they all tried to drown me.
I softened their wrath by acting as a human sled for the little ones who were too small/afraid to ride the big slide alone.

I played co-operative halo 2 on the X-box with a young man whose father sadly only enjoys destroying his son in the much less co-operative deathmatch mode. Your mother braided all of the little girls hair into her famous speed-braids. Guaranteed to make all little girls run faster.

On Saturday night when we left there were no tearful goodbyes just the promise of seeing each other tomorrow at church where the youngest tracked me down in the hallway to give me this...She held it out anxiously and simply stated, "keep it!" with a note of finality that would tolerate no arguments. As we left church the mother to these fine youngsters tracked us down to playfully berate us.

"You know you have ruined my children." she said "We hear no end of how cool Lisa and Adam are. We will never be as cool as you guys are. Thanks a lot."

So there you have it. We were cool. We have photographic proof. Ha!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I always knew you were cool. Now I have proof. :)

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so fun. Please come stay with my kids now.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We ALL know that no one can be and ever will be as cool as Adam and Lisa Young!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home