Monday, September 18, 2006

EOD

Entrance on Duty date.

For the rest of my career I will remember this date. Not so much because I will be required to provide it throughout my career as an indication of my seniority, but because I wrote it roughly eleventy-billion times today... that is just roughly of course.

I sat in a hotel conference room for many hours, watching powerpoint presentations, videos, and speeches designed to impress upon me the gravity of my chosen occupation. Most of it was very well and professionally presented. I endured endless cracks about the horrible station I was going to. Let them laugh. I'll have hundreds more arrests and seizures and out-rank the vast majority of my class in very few years.

Here is how I hope I looked to my co-workers and supervisors that I met today.This is how I felt inside.

And thanks for the tie Daring. It felt powerful. And I have graduated so I can wear it now.

8 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Nantie Meg said...

Adam, I am so Excited for you and your new life. Stay Safe!! Way to go!

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so cute. So glad you're still blogging. I'm sure Lisa misses you already. We are all so happy for you.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I felt that way inside too! I am so proud of you! Love ya!

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I accidently posted that last comment under your name. oops!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I love you. You look awesome in the tie. You are the funnest.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Papa said...

go get 'em son!!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

It's a big step. But you are prepared and will be wonderful. I know. Stay safe. Feel loved.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Nantie Meg said...

Hey Adam, Good luck with Hell Week. Go in there and @*&$(*&@)($#%*(@)*#$!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home