Saturday, September 09, 2006

An Ode to Montana

Sorry for the sporadic posting. Having received The Call, I find myself with alot to do besides posting. However, It seems only fitting to post about the place that has been my home for the last 8 months.

Montana is a magical place full of wonderful people... and aminals.(not a typo)

Montana has great in-laws who put you up for indefinite periods of time while you are waiting for word on a job. These in-laws also provide employment and recreation.
















Here are some pictures of the recreation.
Here are a couple pictures of Adam the Hod carrier.

Here are the guns he developed while hod-carrying...Got your tickets?

Speaking of guns. Sex sells everything in the rest of the country. Here it's guns. Here is a jewelry store that has antlers in the display case.I found it interesting that they would also display the expended cartridges used to kill the elk they belonged to. The only message I could glean from this display was, "Buy these sunglasses or you will be shot!"
One thing for which I am made fun of is my giddiness every time I see large wildlife close up. I grew up in Canada and spent some time in the outdoors but have never had the opportunity to see so much wild life so close on a daily basis as I have here. Here are some pretty visitors less than 20 yards from our house.

Our vehicle became evil in Montana.(don't worry. It repented soon thereafter...about a mile later I think)

Hotel bathrooms here are also evil. Here is a neighbor practicing his favorite pass-time, every time it gets muddy or snowy.

I became a Butterfly whisperer. So did Lisa. All told, it was a wonderful experience. We hope to return someday. All evil cars and bathrooms aside, Montana is a wonderful place. Papa and Grammy will have a great time here.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! You must have an awesome photographer! ;)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

I fully understand being really busy and wanting to blog, but letting other stuff get in the way.

The pictures were great and I'm so glad that we got to share a little quality Montana time with you.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FAbulous pictures. That was a very fun post. I especially liked the guns! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home